The PHASE II PTG‐5500 can perform two different
methods of calculating thickness measurement by utilizing
the characteristics of both eddy current and magnetic
Testing performance is both non‐destructive and
With this state of the art thickness gage, you can easily
detect the thickness of nonmagnetic coating on a magnetic
substrate (ferrous) or an insulating coating on a non-
magnetic conductive substrate (non-ferrous) utilizing our
The PTG‐5500 can be used in many areas of industry
including automotive auctions, manufacturing, general
engineering, commercial inspection, etc.
|Measuring principle||Magnetic induction||Eddy current|
|Measuring range||0~1500 um (0-59mil)||0~1500 um (0-59mil)|
|Resoluton(Selectable)||1 um , 0.1 um, .01um||1 um , 0.1 um, .01um|
|Accuracy||Zero calibration||±(2%H+1) um||±(2%H+1) um|
|Measuring Condition||Min. radius of curvature||Cx. 1.5 mm||Cx. 3 mm|
|Min. radius of area||Φ 7 mm||Φ 5 mm|
|Critical thickness of plate||0.5 mm||0.3 mm|
- Two measuring modes: single or continuous (Scan mode) (selectable).
- Automatic Temperature compensation: compensates for the measurement distortion caused by the change of temperature.
- Displays five statistical values: average(MEAN, maximum(MAX), minimum(MIN), measure number(No.), and standard deviation (S.DEV).
- Calibration: Simple 1-step calibration using supplied metal plate and reference shims
- Data storage: close to 500 measurements in memory. (99 measurements/group x 5 groups) Includes data output software and cable
- Tolerance Setting: alarm when measurements out of tolerance.
- Battery symbol: Displays remaining power in battery.