The PHASE II PTG-500 can perform two different
methods of calculating thickness measurement by utilizing
the characteristics of both eddy current and magnetic
Testing performance is both nonâ€destructive and
With this state of the art thickness gage, you can easily
detect the thickness of nonmagnetic coating on a magnetic
substrate (ferrous) or an insulating coating on a non-
magnetic conductive substrate (non-ferrous) utilizing our
The PTG-500 can be used in many areas of industry
including automotive auctions, manufacturing, general
engineering, commercial inspection, etc.
|Measuring principle||Magnetic induction||Eddy current|
|Measuring range||0~1500 um (0-59mil)||0~1500 um (0-59mil)|
|Resoluton(Selectable)||1 um , 0.1 um, .01um||1 um , 0.1 um, .01um|
|Accuracy||Zero calibration||Â±(2%H+1) um||Â±(2%H+1) um|
|Measuring Condition||Min. radius of curvature||Cx. 1.5 mm||Cx. 3 mm|
|Min. radius of area||Î¦ 7 mm||Î¦ 5 mm|
|Critical thickness of plate||0.5 mm||Â 0.3 mm|
- Two measuring modes: single or continuous (Scan mode) (selectable).
- Automatic Temperature compensation: compensates for the measurement distortion caused by the change of temperature.
- Displays five statistical values: average(MEAN, maximum(MAX), minimum(MIN), measure number(No.), and standard deviation (S.DEV).
- Calibration: Simple 1-step calibration using supplied metal plate and reference shims
- Data storage: close to 500 measurements in memory. (99 measurements/group x 5 groups) Includes data output software and cable
- Tolerance Setting: alarm when measurements out of tolerance.
- Battery symbol: Displays remaining power in battery.