California Proposition 65 Warning
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Heavy-Duty Dial Caliper, Stainless Steel
- 0.001" graduation
- Heavy-duty jaws.
- Inside, outside, and depth measurements
- Round-shaped measuring faces provide accuracy
- Inside and outside measurements can be read directly
- Supplied in a fitted box
- Item # 1721-0040 without depth bar
Those calipers can be used to measure inside dimensions. However, it is important to note that the user needs to perform compensation for the indicated value. The width of the two small measuring faces can be calculated by doubling the parameter e in the table above.
- First, measure the width of the two small measuring faces of the lower jaw. E.g. this value should be 0.8-in for model #1721-0040. The value is also provided in the table.
- Next, place the caliper inside the object you want to measure and expand the jaws until they touch the inner walls.
- Read the measurement on the caliper’s scale or display.
- Add the compensation value (0.8 inches) to your measurement. This will give you the final inside dimension.
For example, if you measure an inside dimension of 18" with the caliper, you would add 0.8" for a final measurement of 18.8".