II. Package Opening, Transportation, Installation and Commissioning:
- The working surroundings of the tester should be clean and dry, free of corrosive gases.
- The working surroundings of the tester should be free of foreign mechanical vibration.
- The temperature of the working surroundings should be between℃ 10 to 30℃.
- The test table (made by the buyer) should be built up with cements or metal, having certain stiffness and strength as well as being capable to bear hardness tester #RT90-0330 and its auxiliary parts. Its surface should be fitted with a hole of￠7 0mm for the elevating screw rod to pass through, as illustrated in Fig-6 (the sizes on the diagram are only for reference). The levelness of the surface should be within 0.2/1000.
- Enough space should be left around the tester for necessary installation, commissioning and maintenance.
Fig-6 Schematic Diagram of Test Table
2. Package Opening
1) Remove the packing belt B around the package box (see Fig-7).
2) Pull out the wood screws which fasten the box shell with the bottom seat by the pliers and withdraw the box shell upwards.
3) Take out the bag of documents and sort out the operation manual (also packing list, certificate of quality).
4) Loosen the nut on the package hook fastening the box of accessory by the spanner, take down the package hook and box of accessory. Sort out the objects inside the box and verify whether all the parts in the packing list are available.
5) Remove the dust-proof cover.
6) Remove the four foundation bolts fastening the tester onto the bottom seat of package box by the spanners.
Fig-7 Schematic diagram of package opening
3. Cautions for transportation
- Don’t try to move the tester #RT90-0330 by oneself to prevent any damage to the tester or personnel injury since the equipment is too heavy. Therefore the machine should be moved by at least two experienced technicians.
- During transportation, the slant of the axial line between the indenter and elevating screw rod against the vertical line should not be over 15°.
- During transportation, the contacts between the porter and the tester should be limited to Face C, D, E and F only. Do’nt touch other faces and other parts of the tester so as not to influence the accuracy of the tester #RT90-0330 (see Fig-4).
- During transportation, the tester should be handled gently to avoid any collision and impact.
4. Installation and Commissioning
Before installation and commissioning, the spanner, level and worktable should be standby.
1) Place the tester #RT90-0330 onto the prefabricated test table and the elevating screw rod of the tester should be fall into the hole of the test table.
2) Remove the packing belt A on the tester #RT90-0330 (see Fig-7).
3) Take down the top cover (22), remove the screws (13) on the rear cover and then remove the rear cover (18).
Fig-8 Removing the fastening block of larger lever
4) Remove the fastening bolt by the spanner, take down the fastening block and supporting block (see Fig-8).
5) Loosen the nut on the hook screw by a spanner, remove the hook screw and then pressure plate fastening the weights (see Fig-8).
6) Hold the hoist ring with hands, lift up the group of weights slowly and at the same time remove the supporting block. Place them lightly so that the cylindrical pin on the weights group just falls onto the groove on the bracket plate which brackets the weights group (see Fig-9).
Fig-9 Removing the supporting block
7) Take off the retaining rope binding the smaller lever (8), see Fig-10.
8) Turn the hand wheel (4) anticlockwise to let the elevating screw rod (5) down and then remove the cushion block of the indenter (see Fig-11). In case that the elevating screw rod does not descend by turning the hand wheel, but to the opposite, the hand wheel rises with the elevating screw rod and the cushion block not removable, maybe the elevating screw rod and its seat (under the hand wheel) are adhered together by anti-rust oil. This can be solved by rotating the hand wheel anticlockwise to rise up to 20mm or so, pressing down the hand wheel by hand with force so that the elevating screw rod and its seat are disengaged.
Fig-10 Taking off the retaining rope
Fig-11 Removing the cushion block of the indenter
9) Remove the protective sleeve around the elevating screw rod, clean the elevating screw rod and hand wheel off anti-rust oil with kerosene, fill adequate amount of lubricants into the contact positions between the elevating screw rod and hand wheel, and then reassemble the protective sleeve.
10) Make sure that the adjustment block on larger lever (9) is located between the two red marks (see Fig-12). Otherwise place it to the correct position.
Fig-12 Checking adjustment block
Fig-13 Regulation plate and pin screw
11) Place the larger anvil into the hole over the elevating screw rod and the level meter onto the anvil. If necessary, insert metallic cushion into the bottom seat of machine body so that the levelness in two directions are within 0.2/1000.
12) It may happen that the indication dial gauge (23) is loose during transportation. In this case, first loosen the retaining screw A on machine body, remove the indication dial gauge, tighten the three screws B at the back of the dial gauge and put the dial gauge on again (see Fig-13).
13) Turn the knurled chrome-plated shell of indication dial gauge (23) to make the "C" point right on the top. Should the larger pointer not point to "C" as shown in Fig-14, it shall be adjusted as follows: loosen the screw cap, adjust the pin screw (see Fig-13) until the larger pointer points to the “C” (see Fig-19), and then retighten the screw cap.
14) If the reading error exceeds the allowance due to transportation, regulate as follows (see Fig-13):
- Make test with the higher hardness block and lower hardness block of HRC separately. If the reading is on the high side, loosen the two screws C on the regulation plate and move the regulation plate lightly rightwards (pay attention not to move the pin screw in the middle of regulation plate), then retighten screws C. If the reading is still on the high side, repeat the above steps once again until the reading is within the range of allowance. If the reading is on the low side, move the regulation plate leftwards as per above-mentioned method.
- After calibrated with both higher hardness block and lower hardness block of HRC, in general, HRA and HRB scale will also be precise.
- While carrying out the above adjustment, the following test should not be done until the two screws C are retightened every time when the regulation plate is moved.
- The above method is only suitable for minor regulation when the reading error is within ±5 HRC or ±5 HRA.
- If slight error is found for scale B, it may be due to the steel ball. Replace the steel ball inside the steel ball indenter (see Fig-2) and try again.
15) Put on top cover (22) and rear cover (18).