California Proposition 65 Warning
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Economic Portable Hardness Tester
Model No. PHT-1700
Also available in the version w/Certified Test Block, Model No. PHT-1700C
Best price, best features on the market today!
Portable Hardness Tester specializing in testing large hard metal parts.
Designed to test large hard parts:
Example: Tool steel should be close to 1” thick of solid material
Loaded with features, this economically priced hardness tester is capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat and round surfaces. This instrument comes complete with the universal D impact device, calibrated test block and rugged carry case.
- Load the impact body
- Place the impact body on your test piece
- Push the button to begin testing and obtain reading
- Base instrument
- Impact device D
- Calibrated test block
- Custom carry case
- Cleaning brush
- Operation manual
- Easy to use keypad operation
- Auto identification of Impact Device
- Large LCD display with back light
- Automatic conversions to: Brinell, Rockwell B & C, Vicker and Shore
- Automatic mean value
- Data storage capacity
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5% (referred to L=800,
- Repeatability accuracy: +/- 4L units) L=Leeb
- Measuring range: 200-960 HL
- Materials: steel & cast steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, grey cast iron, spheroidal iron, cast aluminum, brass, bronze, wrought copper alloy.
- Battery type: AAA alkaline (2)
- Operating temperature: 5-104 degrees F
- Dimensions: 108 x 62 x 25mm
- Weight: 230 grams
- NIST/ASTM certified hardness test blocks are available.