Self-Reversing Tapping Head
- Depth control
- The top will advance 0.140" ±0.004" after machine spindle travel stops. Example: to achieve a top depth of 1.000", set spindle stop at 0.860" will advance an additional 0.140" to 1.000" depth NC Machine
- Set torque as high as possible within the safe limits of the top. NC machine cutting feed equals (top pitch x spindle RPM). Reverse feed equals 2 X (top pitch X spindle RPM).
- Right or left-hand yapping without modification; re-entry cushion
- Please do not use the self-reversing tapping heads as drill chucks.
- Guaranteed depth control; within ±0.004"
- Chatter-free clutch has positive engagement which allows for a smoother, more accurate operation and more rapid reversal
- Radial Float is self-centering to compensate for hole center misalignment
- The unique Double Spring mechanism produces automatic feed and cushion drive. There are 2 springs for the feed and 2 springs for the reversal
- Pre-set torque control permits easy operation of tap brake torque control
- Head comes complete with 2 collets
- 2600-4002 package along with arbor MT1-JT6, MT3-JT6
- 2600-4012 package along with arbor MT3-JT6, MT4-JT6
- 2600-4022 package along with arbor MT3-20mm Thread, MT4-20 mm Thread
|Item||Tapping Capacity in Steel||Jacobs Taper #||REC. Max Speed (RPM)||Reverse Ratio||Body Diameter||Overall Length||Clockwise Compression||Expansion||Counter Neutral||Clockwise Expansion||Uses Collets|
|2600-4012||#4-1/2"(M5-M12), 1/8" NPT||J-6||1000RPM||01:01.8||2.95||6.14||0.197||0.16||0.0027||0.551||I-421,422|
|2600-4022||5/16-3/4"(M8-M20), 1/8", 1/4 NPT||M20||600RPM||01:01.7||3.58||8.03||0.236||0.24||0.0036||0.551||I-441,445|