These premium TNMG carbide CVD coated turning insertsÂ enables longer life and a smoother finish. Install them into a matching insert holder. When a cutting edge becomes dull, you just need to rotate the insert in the holder to use the sharp edge.
Negative-rake inserts have a 90-degree edge and sit at an angle in the holder toÂ deliverÂ a strong cutting force for heavy-duty applications. The inserts have cutting edges on both sides for twice the life compared to positive-rake inserts.
CVD (chemical vapor deposition) coated inserts work much longer and are able to run at faster speeds than uncoated inserts and are highly wear-resistant.
- 10 pc/box
- CVD Coated
- Insert Grade: BPS101
- Chip Breaker: MD
- Material: Carbide
- Coating: CVD Al2O3 TICN
- Machining Parts Material: Steel
- Machining Process: finish
- BPS101 Black/Yellow
- Coating Grade: CVD coated carbide grade, wear-resistance materials coated on the gradient sintered substrate which has both good hardness, toughness
- Can bear high temperatures
- For steel and steel castings finishing to roughing processing
- Continue cutting to light interrupted cutting. Machining of gray and ductile iron at low to medium cutting speed
- For hard materials, continuous cutting and light interrupted cutting from finishing to roughing
- Wet and dry processing
- Combination of fibrous TICN and fine-grained Al2O3 increases abrasion resistance and anti-chipping
- Preferred choice chip breaker on General Purpose Finishing
Features of chip breaker
- For medium-duty turning
- With the broad capability for steel, stainless steel, grey and nodular cast-iron
- Operations: turning, facing and profiling
- Advantages: all-round, reliable with problem-free machining
- Limitations: depth of cut and feed, risk of overloading the cutting edge
- Components typically: axles, shafts, hubs, gears, etc.
For DTGN, DTJN, MTAN, MTEN, MTGN, and MTJN Holders
|Item #||ANSI #||I.S.O. #||I.C||Thickness||Hole||Radius|